Hi everyone! We have officially been in Springfield for more than a month now and we’ve been in our apartment since December 1st. We really love it here!!
– we are still looking for a home church, but we don’t have too many on the list, so it shouldn’t take long for us to pick one and plug in there! P.S. We miss our NMC family ❤
– Karis turned six months old on December 11th! She is such a joy. She’s a total girl… she laughs, screams, and talks all the time!! She loves to play now. I was able to pull out a toy I played with as a baby and give that to her. That was an exciting moment for me. Karis sits up almost unassisted and she stands with help. She’s teething a lot. Thankfully, I found an amazing essential oil recipe to help with that and it works so well! She’s also been trying a lot of new fruits and veggies (she doesn’t love them all, but usually she eats them anyway haha)! We are so thankful for Karis and can’t wait to celebrate her first Christmas in just a few days!! 💕
– Eli got a job working at the Assemblies of God National Leadership and Resource Center as a Communications and Content Strategist. He is so so excited about this new position that he will start on January 2nd. It really falls in line with two of his passions, ministry and communication. I’m so excited to see God use him and grow him in a career that he will enjoy. We will have more updates on this once he’s started 😊
– I am a Young Living Essential Oils distributor now 🙌🏼. I bought my starter kit at the beginning of this year when I was pregnant with Karis. The oils helped me so much, I was amazed. Eli and I have seen how they have really helped change our lives for the better. I love how simple it has been to integrate them into everything we do at home. We even use them with Karis! It’s a joy to know that my family’s health has greatly benefited from the use of Young Living products. I am excited to see what God does in this new career path for me and I’m excited to see so many friends and family members benefit as well. Lately, I’ve been spending a lot of my time researching and learning more about the products, finding new DIY recipes I can try at home and send to friends and family members, thinking of ways to get the product in more homes, etc. Working at home is going to allow me to continue staying home with Karis while also helping provide for the family. I’m so excited!
P.S. If you are interested in seeing how essential oils can improve your health and home life in just about every way, please feel free to message me!!
– We are crazy. We know. But, we have stopped watching tv. When our family drove out to Springfield about a month ago, we listened to Chip and Joanna Gaines’ audiobook, The Magnolia Story. They talked about not ever having a tv in their home for the past 12 years and it inspired us. They have focused so much attention on the Lord, their kids, and their call/passions. Tv would have stood in the way of their success. Eli and I are big dreamers and we feel God has called us to big things. But, we both struggle with an addiction to tv. There is nothing wrong with watching tv and we still plan to go to movies, watch tv with friends, etc. but we just decided we aren’t putting our television up at home. God has really been asking us to seek Him for the things He has laid on our hearts. With the tv out of the way, we can focus more time on our priorities and God’s direction.
– We are DECLUTTERING! Eli has always been pretty good at throwing old and unimportant things out. This is good news for someone like me, since I could probably be classified as a hoarder. I brought so much junk with me when Eli and I got married. And we have just packed it all with us to each new place we move. So, this time as we’ve unpacked, we have spent weeks (everything takes longer with a 6 month old) focusing on getting rid of things we don’t need. It’s been hard to go through everything. But, when the junk is all laid out on the floor, I just end up feeling gross for owning this much stuff. Eli has been so gracious in helping me through this process. He also has spent a lot of time organizing every drawer and cabinet in our home. I sure love my guy!
God is doing great things in this season! We are grateful for the quality time our family has had together. We have been able to really get a fresh start. Thank you to all who have journeyed with us.
We wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! 🎄❤